Surviving Domestic Violence Is Within You!
Surviving domestic violence takes courage. If you feel like you have lost your courage, keep reading. I am here to walk with you.
Domestic violence is an ugly companion that we are too afraid to talk about. So let's talk about surviving domestic violence. Let's talk about safety plans, self-defense, protection tips, and home security. We also need to talk about stalking, advocating, and other resources to keep you safe, and empowered.
For your safety, please use a safe computer to access this site!
Your safety and if you have children, the safety of your children is your only concern.
Knowing and acknowledging the signs and symptoms of domestic violence is the most important step toward getting out. If you have realized you are in a domestic violence situation, or you need more information, you are in the right place.
You are not the first and won't be the last person to find yourself in this situation, but it is very important to make healthy choices now for you and your children.
Using the resources and information on this sight, with careful planning, listening to your inner voice and common sense it is possible to get through this season in your life - alive.
Success is getting you and your children out ALIVE.
This website does not offer legal advice, or professional counseling... although, I found them to be life changing.
I hope that the information on this site will give you the resources, tools, and confidence you need while you deal with your domestic violence situation.
- Information about domestic violence, safety plans, self defense and protection tips, home security, identity theft, stalking, helping children, advocating, encouragement and more.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE INFORMATION
- Domestic violence information, definition and statistics to help you understand the domestic violence cycle.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SIGNS
- Knowing the domestic violence signs will help you recognize a potentially dangerous situation.
- SURVIVING LETHAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- Signs for surviving lethal domestic violence that are common in most lethal situations.
- SELF DEFENSE
- Domestic violence self defense information to help you stay alive.
- SAFETY PLANS
- safety plans for home and work with a list of emergency documents for surviving domestic violence.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STALKING
- Domestic violence stalking go together more often than not.. Are you being followed, monitored, or watched?
- PROTECTION TIPS
- Domestic violence protection tips for you at home while you are still with your abuser, in your car, regarding your cell phone, and your finances to help you feel more in control.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CELL PHONE PROTECTION
- In the midst of domestic violence cell phone protection is a serious concern that can be easily overlooked.
- FINANCIAL PROTECTION
- Financial protection now can change your entire future.
- CHILDREN IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- Children in domestic violence need more understanding and patience than ever, as you help to shape them into the people they will become.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND IDENTITY THEFT
- Your domestic violence situation adds a whole new dimension to identity theft. Here are some tips to monitor and protect your identity from fraudulent activity.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND HOME SECURITY
- After you leave your domestic violence situation, home security inside and outside is your top priority.
- VICTIMS RIGHTS
- Whether you exercise your rights, or not, knowing victims rights in the midst of domestic violence will empower you.
- HELPING VICTIMS SURVIVE
- If you are helping victims survive a domestic violence situation and get out, there is NO QUICK FIX. Here you will find tips and suggestions to assist the victim you know surviving domestic violence.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND PET CUSTODY
- Information and tips on domestic violence and pet custody. If you are dealing with domestic violence and worried about keeping your pets, you have come to the right place.
- VERBAL ABUSE
- Verbal abuse could be considered the most powerful form of abuse. It never leaves bruises, but has the power to change and control a person completely.
- AN INSIDE VIEW
- An inside view of domestic violence
- ADVOCATING FOR VICTIMS
- Advocating for victims may very well determine their future. Take time to learn what to expect and how to advocate for the victim during a domestic violence situation and the entire legal process.
- A GUIDE FOR ABUSE VICTIMS
- "A Guide For Abuse Victims - The Silent Shame" is the beginning of an amazing series on domestic violence by Jessica Lyons and Pete Davis of The Queens Courier News Paper in New York.
- SURVIVING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ENCOURAGEMENT
- Everyone surviving domestic violence needs encouragement. It is amazing how easy it is to lose our self esteem and confidence in the midst of abuse, threats, and constant uncertainty.
- SURVIVAL STORIES
- Domestic Violence Survival Stories
- MY SURVIVING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STORY
- My surviving domestic violence story is only one part of my life. A twelve year journey that taught me who I am at my core.